For more information please visit: Hírek, cikkek/news in English, click HERE
National Association of Interest Representations for Small-scale producers and service providers
The Hungarian Association, which represents the interests of small-scalefarmers provides the possibility for formal functioning of the civil and professional partnerships that have been working informally up to now.
Actually, one of our most important programs is called „the creation of an NGO for sustainable local economic initiatives and analyses of their market viability”, which can be realized by the support of the Swiss-Hungarian Cooperation Program and the Swiss-Hungarian NGO and Scholarship Funds.
Its objective is the amelioration of the legal and economic conditions for small-scale, local initiatives that can strengthen the local economy. The union assumes the promotion of food production and processing with low burden on the environment, handicraft production, as well as their markets’ access, through its advocacy of protection of the environment, and its international relations.
The following topics and activities are emphasised:
· Facilitating the conditions of production and promotion of small-scale producers of food and handicrafts.
· Creation of a flexible regulatory framework for the production of foodstuffs in private dwelling houses.
· Stimulation of non-profit trade and short food supply chains
· Development of ecologically sound rural tourism that is based on traditions (Green road, Fish road, etc.)
· Assistance for self-employment
· Assessment and support of producers, expansion of their knowledge
· Creation of a union for representing interests
· Legal assistance in requesting modification of legislations, or official standpoints.
· Establishment of an international partnership and co-operation in interests
· Presentation of good practices
Our first result: Favorable answer from the European Commission (Directorate-General for Health and Consumers) in the case of traditional medicinal products (See here)
Until the new union is registered, the Association for the Living Tisza provides the tasks within the project.
You can find further information about the activities of the organisation (in Hungarian) on the website www.elotisza.hu and a summary in English on the website.
If our project piqued your interest and you could contribute to our objectives with your experiences, please take our letter as an invitation for partnership.
Contact person: Katalin Kujani, email@example.com
We appreciate your interest and hope to work with you in the future